Frequently Asked Questions
Questions and Answers
To see the answers, simply click on the questions below.
- Are there any laundry / self-laundry facilities in the hotel?
Laundry facilities and services are available at Mercure Sydney Hotel. The self-laundry facilities are located on Level 5 of the hotel with simple instructions and laundry items available to assist you.
Alternatively, Mercure Sydney Hotel offers in-house guests laundry services and pick up anytime from your room and return within 24 hours.
- Are there babysitting services available?
Babysitting services can be provided by a local company called My Little Friend. They have been operating for nearly 20 years and Mercure Sydney has been working closely with My Little Friend for more than 5 years. We trust their professionalism and can recommend them to look after your little one.
For further enquiries and rates, please contact Concierge at +612 9217 6666 or My Little Friend directly on +612 9798 9373 or +614 1977 4466.
- Are there smoking floors available?
There are two smoking floors available in the hotel, located on the 11th and 12th floors (on request only).
- Do we have a minibar in the room?
Yes. In-room minibars are available in all of our guest rooms.
- Do you have a car park and how much does it cost?
Yes. 8 levels of undercover car parking available for 120 vehicles. Prebooking is not required. To view our car parking rates, please click here.
- Do you have a pool?
Yes. Mercure Sydney’s indoor rooftop pool is located on the 15th floor, access via the 14th floor. The pool opens from 05:30 – 24:00. Our pool is 12 metres long with clear depth markings and is heated during the colder seasons for your convenience. Other facilities located on this floor include a gym with air-conditioning and a sauna.
- Do you have apartments?
Unfortunately we do not have apartments.
- Does Mercure Sydney Hotel operates a shuttle bus service?
Mercure Sydney Hotel is located right in the heart of Sydney CBD with several public transport options right at the doorstep including train (Central Station), bus (on Railway Square), taxi, Monorail, Light Rail and Shuttle Bus from/to the airport.
Unfortunately, the Mercure Sydney does not own or operate a shuttle bus service. The Airport Shuttle can be booked in advance online via www.kst.com.au or contacting +61 (2) 9666 9988.
Alternatively, please contact one of our friendly concierge at +61 (2) 9217 6638 to arrange the shuttle bus transfer on your behalf.
- How big are the rooms?
Standard rooms, Superior City View rooms and Balcony rooms are 28 sq metres and Deluxe rooms and Studio rooms are 34 sq metres
- How do I get to the Central station?
From the rear entry / exit of the hotel, cross over to Lee street at the traffic lights located behind Michel's Patisserie. Continue along Lee street past the Medina Hotel and then looking to the right you will see the large clock tower located directly above Central station. Proceed directly towards the Clock Tower and enter the station. It is approximately a 5 minute walk.
- How do I get to the Sydney Harbour or Darling Harbour from the hotel?
Sydney Harbour is located 3km from the hotel. There are a few ways to reach one of the world’s favorite attractions - Sydney Harbour from the Mercure Sydney, either 10 minutes by train, 15 minutes by taxi, 20 minutes by bus or 45 minutes walk.
Darling Harbour is located 1.5 km from Mercure Sydney. Enjoy a 10 minute walk or hop onto the monorail light rail and you will be in Sydney’s favorite destination for leisure and entertainment in less than 10 minutes.
- How far are you to Central railway station?
Mercure Sydney is only 200 meters away from Central station, located directly across the road. The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk away. There are other public transport options including public buses at Mercure Sydney’s doorstep and the monorail/light rail are only a short walking distance from the hotel on George Street.
- How much does breakfast cost at Four Elements Restaurant & Bar?
Mercure Sydney Hotel signature Four Elements Restaurant & Bar located on Level 1 of the hotel offers healthy delicious full buffet breakfast from 0630am – 1000am Monday – Friday; and 0700am – 1100am on Saturday, Sunday and all Public Holidays. Full buffet breakfast costs $25.00 per person.
Alternatively, Four Elements Restaurant & Bar serves continental breakfast for only $20.00 per person. Feeling a bit lazy? Our 24 hour room service allows you to sleep in and enjoy breakfast in your room! Simply dial ‘9’ from your room to speak to one of our friendly room service staff and place your order.
At Mercure Sydney Hotel Four Elements Restaurant & Bar, children between the age of 0 – 15 stay and eat free breakfast when accompanied by parents!* Click here for full terms & conditions of this offer.
Four Elements Restaurant & Bar also offers a share plate dinner menu with suggested wines to pair during the evening. For more information on our dinner menu, please click here to discover more or contact our restaurant staff at +61 (2) 9217 6708
- How much does it cost for an additional person / rollaway?
Kids between 0 – 15 years old stay and eat free breakfast at Four Elements Restaurant & Bar!* Mercure Sydney Hotel charges guests aged 16 and over sharing the same room with existing beddings an additional fee of $44.00 per person per night including a rollaway bed.
- I am a regular guest at Mercure Sydney and other Accor properties, which rewards program should I sign up for?
Exploring and choosing the right rewards program that suits your travel style is essential! Accor offers 2 different rewards programs that suits individual’s needs including Le Club Accorhotels (FREE membership) and Accor Advantage Plus.
Le Club Accorhotels is the new Accor hotel loyalty program that offers you advantages and rewards at more than 2000 hotels worldwide by earning points when you stay.
Accor Advantage Plus offers you unlimited fantastic discounts on both accommodation and dining at over 200 participating hotels and resorts across the Asia Pacific region ($297 per year).
Click here to discover the differences between these two Accor rewards programs.
- If arriving earlier than check in time, is there any place we could store our luggage? Vise versa for late departure / check out
Certainly, concierge can store guest luggage on arrival if rooms are not available. They can also store luggage after check out for the remainder of that day. Long term luggage storage is available on the condition that there is a future reservation in place.
- If the train station is just 200 meters away, will it be noisy?
Whether you would like to concentrate on reading or simply relax after a hard day, Mercure Sydney’s double glazed windows assure our guests will have a peaceful night’s sleep and as all train lines run underground, noise is heavily reduced.
- Is it safe to leave my personal belongings in the hotel room?
In-house guests are given a maximum of 2 keycards per room (unless specially requested) which has been set up with its own unique security code. In addition, there is a safe in the hotel room that enables you to place your personal belongings and lock it by keying your own unique secret pin code.
Tips: Please ensure to select a unique PIN that is difficult to guess and best not to use any birth dates or personal details that you’ve provided to anyone before or during your stay.
Alternatively, Mercure Sydney Hotel also offers 24 hour baggage storage located on Ground Level where your personal belongings will be well taken care of by our friendly and professional team of concierge staff.
For more information on our baggage storage and in-room safes, please call +61 (2) 9217 6666 or simply submit a ‘Have a question’ form and one of our staff will answer your enquiry within the next 48 hours.
- Is Mercure Sydney Hotel a disabled friendly hotel?
The Mercure Sydney Hotel is a disabled friendly property. There are handles and rails the moment you enter from the front of the hotel on Little Regent Street. The Mercure Sydney Hotel offers special access accommodation as well as wheelchair friendly access from the Ground floor up to the highest floor of the building on Level 15 where our indoor swimming pool, fitness room and sauna are located. A wheelchair is also available to hire, simply consult one of our friendly concierge for assistance.
The Mercure Sydney Hotel offers several rooms for people with reduced mobility. These rooms are similar to all other room types equipped with additional facilities including handles and rails for bathroom access. Mercure Sydney Hotel is the perfect Sydney CBD accommodation with friendly staff always ready to provide guests with the very best of service to ensure you enjoy your stay.
For more information on Mercure Sydney Hotel's disabled friendly room types, please call reservations at 02 9217 6666 or email email@example.com
- Is there a kitchen / microwave in the rooms?
A microwave is available in our Family rooms; unfortunately we do not offer kitchen facilities in other guest rooms.
- Is there any massage facilities in the hotel?
Mercure Sydney Hotel recommends Rejuvenators Health Massage – a reputable professional mobile massage company with a team of over 70 massage therapists across Australia, ready to help you become relaxed, renewed and rejuvenated! All Rejuvenators massage therapist have received special training in a Stressbuster technique upon joining the team to maximise their massage therapy experience.
They also provide a range of full body massage services, including aromatherapy, foot massage, deep tissue massage and more. For hotel room massage service, please contact Rejuvenators at 1300 302 542.
Important: Rejuvenators is strictly a therapeutic non-sexual service. Payment must be made direct to Rejuvenators for any massage service performed during your stay at Mercure Sydney Hotel.
- May I have more information on the hotel facilities?
- 24 hour Reception
- 24 hour Concierge
- Check-in Time: 14:00 ; Check-out Time: 11:00
- If you arrive at the hotel prior to the guaranteed check-in time, please ask our reception staff for access to the hotel’s complimentary Hospitality Room. (Please note this room is available to all guests waiting for check-in only. It is not for exclusive use.)
- If you require guaranteed early access to your room prior to the check-in time, the hotel requires a previous night’s accommodation rate payment to secure the room.
- The hotel’s daily room occupancy is from 14:00 – 11:00.
- If you require a later departure time on your check-out date, making the most of the day or due to having a late flight – Mercure Sydney offers you the opportunity to keep utilize your room at an additional cost of $20 per hour after 12:00.
- Daily housekeeping services
- Dead lock in all rooms
- Indoor rooftop swimming pool
- Paperless check-in and express check-out is available
- Doctor on call
- Souvenir and Gift shop located in the hotel's foyer with a wide selection of souvenirs and personal items
- Extra bed / Rollaway available at an additional cost of $44.00 per night
- 24 hour in-room dining service
- Fax / copy services available
- Credit cards accepted including AMEX, MasterCard, Diners, VISA, JCB, Bankcard
- Fax in room on request
- ATM Machine in Lobby and Eve's Place Bistro & Bar
- 24 hour business centre
- In-house movies (pay direct)
- Europcar car rental desk
- Infant under the age of 2 (complimentary)
- Children’s policy (up to two children under 16 years of age can stay, free of charge when sharing a room with two adults, subject to the family using existing bedding. There will be an additional charge for a rollaway bed. Breakfast is included for two children up to 16 years in Mercure Hotels.
- Laundry service
- Rejuvenators’ in-room health massage (on request)
- Luggage storage available
- Free daily newspaper (on request)
- Meteorology report
- Non-smoking floors
- Smoking rooms available on the 10th & 11th floor
- Multilingual staff
- Gym with air-conditioning
- Hospitality Room
- Nearest supermarket or shopping centre?
There are a number of 24 hour convenience stores in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Broadway Shopping Centre is the closest major shopping centre located only 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Broadway contains mixed retail, supermarkets, department stores, food outlets and cinemas. Paddy’s Market and Market City are also within close walking distance, containing one of Sydney’s most popular market spaces, open from Thursday to Sunday. Alternatively, take a free shuttle bus 555 which runs from George Street all the way to Circular Quay and conveniently drops you at QVB.
- We need a car, where can we organize car rental?
There is a Europcar car rental desk located on the ground floor. Visit www.Europcar.com.au for more information or consult the hotel’s concierge for other options.
- What activities or attractions are available for my children?
There are numerous options for children of all ages near Mercure Sydney, just to name a few including Sydney Aquarium, Sydney Wildlife World and Imax Theatre. For more information, please contact Concierge team at h2073-F012@accor.com
- What are the available facilities / services for early arrival guests?
A Hospitality room located on Level 9 is available for early arrival guests to relax and freshen up if required. Please note this room is available to all guests waiting for check-in only. It is not for exclusive use.
A 24 hour Business Centre is available and located on Level 3 if you wish to access the internet. Alternatively, wireless internet access is also available in public area for a nominal fee. Please consult one of our reception staff for further information.
Mercure Sydney Hotel is located right in the heart of Sydney’s entertainment and shopping precinct. If you wish to explore Sydney before you check in but wish to leave your luggage, please do not hesitate to contact our concierge team for assistance.
- What are the best ways to get around town and surrounds?
Mercure Sydney’s prime location with the many forms of public transport right at the hotel’s doorstep is an ideal way to visit the sights of Sydney. The best way to get around the city will also depend on the duration of your stay in Sydney and how often you will utilize the public transport; the most common activities are conducted by day tour companies that offer trips throughout Sydney and its surrounds.
Visit www.aatkings.com.au www.aptouring.com.au and www.sydneypass.info or www.131500.com.au for specific transport information.
- What are the internet access prices?
Mercure Sydney provides wifi internet access in all guest rooms. The hotel charges $5 for ½ hour, $10 for an hour or $22 for a 24 hour access.
- What are the terms & conditions of the 'Kids stay & eat free breakfast' deal?
Up to two children between 0 - 15 years of age could stay free using the same bedding in the room and eat free breakfast when dining with parents at Four Elements Restaurant & Bar on Level One. No other meal discounts for children applies. Rollaway bed is available if required at an additional fee ($44.00).
- What can I do if I left an important item behind after my stay?
Leaving behind a personal item or an important document is sometimes part of the travel experience. At Mercure Sydney Hotel, we’ve recognized how valuable some items can mean to our guests and therefore a ‘Lost & Found’ department has been created to assist you during or after your stay. For assistance during your stay, please dial ‘9’ from room. Alternatively, please contact us on +61 (2) 9217 6684 for further assistance after your stay.
It is an important priority and we will try our very best to find your valuable item. If the item is highly important, please do not hesitate to contact our Rooms Division Manager by email h2073-FO01@accor.com within 24 hours after your stay.
Although we can’t guarantee your item/s will be found after our careful search and investigation, we will try our best to assist you where possible.
Tips: Please ensure to double-check your guestrooms before departure to avoid any inconvenience in the near future. It is also best to contact us within 24 hours of your departure.
- What is your check-in and check-out time?
Mercure Sydney Hotel‘s check-in time is 1400 and check-out time is 1100am. An early check-in request is available however fees may apply and is subject to availability. Late check-out is also available at a charge of $20 per hour.
- What is your toll free phone number?
Our toll free phone number is: 1800 633 948
- What other room facilities do you have?
- Key card operating door locks
- Alarm clock radio
- Smart bar on each guest floor
- Amenities: body soap, hair shampoo, hair conditioner
- Private bathroom facilities
- Broadband internet access (fee applies)
- Daily housekeeping services
- RJ 11 and RJ 45 plug
- Combined bath /shower
- Self closing lock
- Shaving outlet
- In-room safe
- Smoke detector
- Iron / board
- Sprinkler system
- Telephone local and international calls
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Espresso machine and branded T2 tea (privilege room only)
- What television stations are available in the room
A large number of Australian and international channels are available including:
Fox Sport 1,2&3
ABC 1 (Caption)
CH 7 (Caption)
CH 9 (Caption)
CH 10 (Caption)
B4U Movie Indian
- What transfers are available from the airport?
With our prime location, several options are available.
1) Airport shuttle - can be booked in advance online www.kst.com.au or contact +61 (2) 9666 9988, costs $16 per person one way to/from the International terminal or the Domestic terminal. (Rate subject to change)
2) Taxi – approximately $35 from the International Terminal, $25 from the Domestic Terminal. It can also be booked through our concierge.
3) Train - approximately $13.50 one way. For more information, please visit www.cityrail.info
- Where are the best areas for dining or recommended restaurants?
There are many areas to dine in and around Sydney, depending on what you are looking for and the kind of atmosphere you prefer. In Sydney, you will find a wide variety of restaurants when you visit places such as Darling Harbour, Chinatown/Haymarket, Surry Hills, King Street in Newtown or The Rocks.
A street full of best café and restaurants covering many different cuisines are available in these areas mentioned, ready to serve you with the best chef’s recommended meals each day. Take a walk and you will find yourself the best restaurants of the day that suits exactly what you need for the day/night.
We recommend you visit www.bestrestaurants.com.au or www.eatstreets.com.au for more information on dining out in Sydney.
- Where can I store my luggage?
After checking in with our reception team, Mercure Sydney Hotel’s concierge team will store your luggage for you until your room is available and have the luggage sent up to your room.
If you are checking out, you may also store your luggage with our concierge for the day and a ticket will be issued to you which you will be required to present the ticket later in the day for collection.
- Where can we search for more information on Sydney's local attractions?
Our knowledgeable concierge team is located on the ground floor and will be able to provide you with information of all the local attractions Sydney has to offer.
We also recommend our guests to visit two of Sydney’s most popular visitor publication websites including www.whats-on-in-sydney.com.au and www.wheremagazines.com.au
The business centre is located on the third floor of the hotel with high-speed broadband Internet access for only $5 per ½ hour, $8 per hour and $22 per day, giving you the flexibility and convenience during your stay with us at the Mercure Sydney.
- Where is the nearest theatre for live performances and shows?
There are several theatres and performance venues located close to Mercure Sydney including Capitol Theatre, Lyric Theatre, Belvoir Street Theatre, Theatre Royal, State Theatre and Seymour Centre.
To check out what performances and shows are currently on in Sydney, we recommend guests to visit www.sydneyoperahouse.com.au or for more information, please contact Concierge team at h2073-F012@accor.com
- Will my credit card be charged immediately when making a booking and before my arrival?
Phone bookings – Mercure Sydney does not charge your credit card when making a booking. It is purely used to secure your bookings. However, please contact us on +61 (2) 9217 6666 before 6pm on arrival date if you wish to cancel your booking. A cancellation fee will apply if the hotel is not contacted within this time. Please note that a deposit fee will be charged to your credit card upon arrival for security purposes.
For Special offers with no cancellation policy stated – Mercure Sydney charges the given credit card immediately to secure the booking. Special offers are non-transferable and non-refundable.
For more information on credit card charges and special deals, please contact reservations at +61 (2) 9217 6666 or simply submit a ‘Have a Question?’ form and one of our reservations staff members will reply to your enquiry within the next 48 hours.
Did we answer your question?
If you have any other questions that we have not covered please fill in the enquiry form below and one of our staff will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Bold fields are mandatory.