Sydney is a beautiful city with a lot of outdoor spaces that are perfect for picnics. Whether you’re looking for a quiet spot to relax or a lively area with lots of activities, Sydney has it all. Here are some of the best places to have a picnic in Sydney:
- The Royal Botanic Garden – Located in the heart of Sydney, the Royal Botanic Garden is a stunning place to have a picnic. You can spread out on the lush green grass and enjoy views of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- Centennial Parklands – This vast parkland is located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and has plenty of space to spread out and enjoy a picnic. There are also barbecue facilities and picnic tables available, making it easy to enjoy a meal with family and friends.
- Bradleys Head – This picturesque headland in Mosman offers stunning views of Sydney Harbour and is a popular spot for picnics. There are plenty of shady areas to sit, and you can even bring your own barbecue to cook up a meal.
- Wendy’s Secret Garden – This hidden gem is located in Lavender Bay and is a tranquil oasis in the middle of the city. With stunning views of the harbour and plenty of shady areas to sit, it’s the perfect spot for a romantic picnic.
- Nielsen Park – This beachside park in Vaucluse is a popular spot for families and offers plenty of space to relax and enjoy a picnic. With a kiosk, barbecue facilities, and a playground for kids, there’s something for everyone.
- Balls Head Reserve – Located in Waverton, Balls Head Reserve offers panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and is a great spot for a picnic. There are plenty of walking trails to explore, as well as barbecue facilities and picnic tables.
- Observatory Hill – This park is located in The Rocks and offers stunning views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House. With plenty of grassy areas to sit and enjoy a picnic, it’s a great spot for a romantic lunch or dinner.
Sydney has a wealth of outdoor spaces perfect for picnics. From beaches and parklands to botanical gardens and scenic headlands, there’s no shortage of places to enjoy a meal with friends and family.